[bksvol-discuss] To Sir, With Love

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:16:48 -0400

An excellent copy of To Sir, With Love has been submitted and neither those of
you who have seen the movie nor those who have not will not  be disappointed by
the book.  If you are not familiar with it, it is the story of a black engineer
from a former crown colony who cannot find a job in his field in England who
ends up teaching in a slum school.  He hates it at first and grows to
understand the students and their needs.  They first hate and challenge him;
then grow to appreciate him and learn from him.   I have seen him on BookTV and
while he does not look or sound like Sidney Poitier I found him irresistible.