[bksvol-discuss] To Maithe About Stripping Headers

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:52:35 -0400

Hi, Maithe. No, please don't use the header/footer stripper in Openbook. It will wipe out the headers, but it will also wipe out the page numbers. It can also remove text it shouldn't. When I validate a book, I remove the headers from each page, leaving the page number intact. Since you have a hectic schedule right now, I'd let your validater strip or normalize the headers. You could mention that this needs to be done in the comments of your scans. Later on, when your schedule eases up and you're more comfortable with scanning, we can show you some tips for removing headers.

Monica Willyard