[bksvol-discuss] To Jackie About Your Book

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:06:51 -0400

Hi, Jackie. I can see I've made an assumption here, and I apologize for that. I didn't ask which scanning software you were using. Omnipage is very nice scanning software, and I'm glad you got it at a good price. I used to use Omnipage for scanning, back when versions 8 and 9 were current. (smile) I was able to get it to insert section breaks instead of page breaks. Then I'd use Microsoft Word to convert them to page breaks. I don't know who validated your book, and she may not have known about the section break issue or may not have seen the section breaks if she used Kurzweil to validate. I am sure she did a good job with validating, and we can't know every quirk a program might have. If you want to submit your file again, I will see if I can look for section breaks, or I will insert page breaks where they should be. I understand that you're busy, and you can let me know when you'd like to submit the book for me to work on, if that's what you choose to do. I know there is a way to get Omnipage to work with two-page scanning, and I'm willing to help you get it worked out if you want the help.

Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx