[bksvol-discuss] Re: To Index or Not to Index...

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:31:34 -0700

Hi Marilyn,

You don't have to do indices unless you want to do them. However, you might want to look up that book on Amazon. I did by using the ISBN when I had it. It is only supposed to have 603 pages. You've got, I think, page breaks where section breaks are in the print. I'm not sure about that, but I am concerned about the number of pages that you have in that book. I could have found the wrong book, but I didn't think so when I checked Amazon.

You have put so very very much work into this.  I hope I'm wrong.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 08:19 PM 4/27/2008, you wrote:
Good morning, All.

I know you were discussing this when I first started, but I wasn't
paying attention and I don't think I remember the final outcome.

I just finished validating a book that is 2,200-plus pages, but it
has no pages numbers (ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY).  Now, at
the end I did the glossary, and I did the bibliography, but I'm
wondering if I have to do the TWO indices, which now total
92 pages but are such a mess that they'll be closer to 300 pages
when I'm done with them.

So, like I said, the indices are a mess, and of course the page
numbers they refer to are useless because the  book has no
page numbers.  Do I have to include the indices?

Thanks for your help,
Marilyn