[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tip For Filling Out The Submission Form

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:53:51 -0500

Your comment points up a couple of important things.

First I have been more lax than I ought to be in reading your tips.

Second the tips ought to be in the help link under author so the info is easier for a volunteer to find. I just never knew this stuff and I have been at this for a while. Lots of folks are not on the list and never find their way to your site, wonderful though it is. They need the info to be right on the bookshare site. This seems particularly true for the occasional submitter or validator. If we have about three hundred active volunteers and a thousand signed up as volunteers there must be may occasional volunteers.

E.

At 07:42 PM 1/3/2007, you wrote:
E,

Since you're only cutting back on volunteering for Bookshare and not
quitting  completely, read the tip on Jake's website titled something like
Guidelines for Submission Fields.  Carrie posted it to the list last year
and it was one of the first tips added to Jake's website.  It's always the
first tip I recommend to new volunteers since following the guidelines can
help prevent a lot of the problems related to kickbacks.

I'm actually surprised you aren't aware of it since it was the most frequent
repost to the list before Jake started his site.

HTH

Gerald

P.S. For those of you who need the address, the Bookshare info on Jake's
site can be found at www.jbrownell.com/bks, and the tip can be found under
the Tips link.