[bksvol-discuss] Re: Time required for book approvals?

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:19:58 -0800

Hi Mike,

Apparently, there's an entire field of statistics that's known as cue
theory--the study of why lines form and dissipate. Maybe it would be
useful to employ a bit of the theory in this case--factoring in residual
holiday build-up and the fact that we've been experiencing a lot of
staff comings and goings which have influenced how much time there are
for book approvals, etc.

Needless to say, we are currently working on the bottle-neck. I would
assume that by the end of next week, the books awaiting administrative
approval will be down significantly.

If you've submitted any Spanish books, we're waiting on those until a
bit later, so please be patient.

Thanks,
Marissa