[bksvol-discuss] Re: Three cheers for System Access!

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:49:44 -0500

Ann and Evan, you're right on. I used to think System Access was just for
people who couldn't or didn't want to learn a screenreader. I thought it was
for little old ladies who didn't do much but email their grandkids. A friend
coaxed me into trying the service over Thanksgiving. I had to eat my words
when I saw the power of the software and discovered how quickly I could get
work done without spending time fussing with my screenreader to make things
work. To me, speed and ease of use trump learning how to write scripts and
make frames just to use a program I need for five minutes. I know how to
script, but why should I have to?

For you book and music lovers, they make Amazon a piece of cake to use,
giving us all the cool social stuff and getting rid of the cute but
unnecessary clutter. It's not a stripped down text page. It still has the
lists, guides, and wish list stuff you know and use. You can just get to
what you need more quickly. Facebook is the same way.

I still need Jaws for a few things like using Microsoft Access, but I'm
already using it less and less for most things. System Access is a  very
handy service and definitely worth a try. They give you a free 30-day trial
with no 40-minute demo that makes you reboot all of the time. Can you beat
that? Just take a look at http://www.serotek.com

Monica Willyard