[bksvol-discuss] Three Cheers For Bookshare!

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:26:44 -0400

Hi everybody. I just made a cool discovery. Thanks to the quality reports
submitted by users and the dedication of Carrie and her staff, Bookshare has
repaired or replaced 122 books so far. Log into Bookshare and then go to
this link to see them.
https://quality.bookshare.org/display/BQU/Resolved+Book+Quality+Issues

If you've been discouraged about the inability to read any books from this
list, you can download fresh copies from Bookshare. Make sure you delete the
older copy of the book so you won't accidentally get the two versions mixed
up. I'm truly impressed with the progress Bookshare is making toward fixing
books with major problems. I really like how staff and volunteers are
working together to boost the quality of books already in the collection so
everyone can enjoy them. I'm so proud of each of you who takes the time to
report a quality issue, do a new scan of a book, or proofread a rescanned
book. You all rock! (big smile) One day in the future, all of our books will
be ready for prime time, no matter how old or new they are.

Monica Willyard