[bksvol-discuss] Thoughts on Chapter Headings

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <hillikera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 17:53:35 -0700

Hi All,

In the last book I validated, I was able to protect my chapter titles by
putting a row of stars on a line above the chapter heading.  I just
downloaded the book and found that the chapter titles were all there.  What
I did looked like this.

Blank line
*******
Chapter title
Text.

It may not be an ideal solution, but it did work.  So if anyone's frustrated
with the chapter headings perhaps you can try this technique.

The only thing I noticed is that my table of contents on the book had a few
lines cut off of it by the stripper.  I think this is because it extended
over a couple of pages and one of those pages started with a chapter
header.  So in the future  I think I will also put a row of stars before a
new page in the table of contents.

Hope this message was helpful,

Allison