[bksvol-discuss] Those recently added Fair-rated books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

I keep on my desktop the latest Marissa's list, and I
usually, but not always, delete from the various
sections of it books that have been approved by
Gustavo and added to the collection.

I was totally surprised to find that the series of
Abrahams's Daughters books that were added last week
and are rated Fair were in the Books Awaiting
Validation section and not in the admin approval queue
(most of the books added are more recently validated
and uploaded and not int he queue). This means one of
three things: either the validator did not change the
original rating when uploading and the Fair rating is
misleading, or the validator didn't do more than the
very minimum when validating--or the submitter
downloaded and uploaded without leaving the books to
be validated.

There's no way to know, unless someone downloads one
of the books and checks to see if the Fair rating is
accurate or if, in fact, the book should be upgraded.
And that maybe true of some of the other Fair books in
the collection--though I know some of the early ones,
even classics, were only fair. Some time ago I was
given Johnny Tremain to fix. It had been added early
to the collection and was a mess. I was happy to have
the chance to re-read it,though. smile