[bksvol-discuss] Re: This is terrible!

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

Roger;

I do not retain linebreaks for the very reason you mentioned. I'm sure each
software can be different, what scan engine are you using? I use ABBYY
FineReader, and with that, it would not be recommended.

Hope that helps!

Valerie

>________________________________

        settings. Just now, before I began my scanning session for
        today, I went through it again just to be sure that the new
        settings had been retained. This time as I was tabbing to the
        okay button I noticed a setting that I had not noticed before.
        It was "retain line breaks." It was not checked. I wonder if
        checking this would help with my problem? I did not check it
        because I had visions of another problem I once had returning.
        That problem was that there was a paragraph break after each and
        every line. I had a devil of a time fixing that one. I finally
        found out that it could be solved by changing my decolumnize
        setting. I don't want to bring that problem back. Do you or does
        anyone else know if checking the retain line breaks setting will
        help me with the current problem or will it just cause more
        problems?