[bksvol-discuss] Re: This is terrible!

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 12:02:14 -0700

Em, yes, I guess that's another possibility; that is so frustrating. Tim
(and Em), were your books current ones or old ones? If the former,, maybe
we volunteers should only scan and proof  books published before ....? If
the latter, I don't know. Are publishers clearing back inventory? At least,
As someone said, one gets to read the book without costing credits,  but
then neither does one gain credits, and it's time and effort wasted. I
remember how angry (not too strong a word) I got years ago when a book I'd
spent a lot of time carefully proofing was added by the publisher (this was
when they just began giving books to bookshare; in later years I had some
long and tedious books I asked  the liaison(sorry, I forgoet her name) to
request from the publisher and I have one now in my pile maybe I'll ask her
to request it; it's not a commercial publisher, though. Do
universitypresses donate books? ; I don't think  the request was granted
(wrong publisher, I guess. On second thought,maybe I won't ask. From
comments from you  readers, and my own suspicion, I think we do a better
job, at least making books navigable, and maybe even being error-free.