[bksvol-discuss] Re: Think Christmas!!!

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:03:18 -0500 (EST)

Julie

I think my time would be better spent scanning something not already
available <smile>!
as, the way I prepare books, it involves hours upon hours of work.
The joining requirement for NLS is virtually identical to that of
BookShare and is actually slightly broader as NLS serves U.S. citizens
abroad while technically
Bookshare doesn't.  Hence, if someone is now getting BookShare services,
they are 99.9% certain to qualify for NLS services and should avail
themselves of it.
It is one thing to accidentally scan something that aalso is on NLS, but I
try avoiding so when possible, especially if NLS has it via Web-Braille.