[bksvol-discuss] Re: The shape of a brace (also called a curly brace or a curly bracket)

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 22:39:08 -0600

Grin.  Thanks, Cindy!

Judy s.
On 12/1/2012 9:20 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
Wonderful! and thank your husband for his participation I'll think of him and his clone now, and chuckle, very time I se every time I see a brace in print. grin

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    OK, I did some thinking on this and dragged my husband into it,
    and we may have come up with something that helps to understand
    the shape of a brace. A brace, by the way, to make it even more
    confusing, is sometimes called a curly brace and even sometimes
    called a curly bracket.  Let me know if this description helps! smile.

    Have two people stand in front of you, back to back, so that the
    person on the left is facing towards your left, and the person to
    your right is facing towards the right.  That means that the
    person on the left has their left hand towards you, and the person
    on the right has their right hand towards you.

    My husband volunteered for this, by the way, and he said to
    describe him as bald as an egg, but with about 40 more pounds on
    him (he's a thin wiry dude) so that his chin down to his neck is
    nicely rounded.  So:  Clone him, and have him and his clone
    standing as described above.

Other related posts: