[bksvol-discuss] Re: The publisher of the book I am validating has made mistakes – is it okay if I change them?

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 01:34:33 -0800 (PST)

Jess,

I'm not sure Iunderstand the question.

If the submitter's assistant put in the question marks
and they were different characters in the printed
book, change them to what's in the printed book. It
may be that the submitter couldn't read or udnerstand
the characters and that's why the assistant put in the
question marks--asking the validator to determine what
they should be. Some submitters put asterisks in place
of something they can't figure out or they think a
word might be missing.

HTH

Cindy
--- Jess Killian <17razz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>      The submitter of the book I have been
> validating for the past
> week just emailed me the answers to my questions.
>
>      For those of you who do not know what problems
> I was having or to
> those of you who need a refresher on what my
> problems were, there were
> sections of the book that had characters that looked
> as though they
> might be question marks.  I had emailed the
> submitter asking her if
> the pages and passages I had read in the printed
> copy matched the ones
> found in the scanned copy.  It seems as though the
> answer was "yes."
>
>      Despite the fact the publisher intended the
> characters to be in
> the text, the submitters assistant changed these
> characters into
> question marks.  Granted, this would make the
> reading more
> pleasurable, but am I allowed to change errors made
> by the publisher?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jess
>

> --
> Jessica Killian
>
> Bookshare Volunteer Validator and submitter

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm