[bksvol-discuss] The publisher of the book I am validating has made mistakes – is it okay if I change them?

  • From: "Jess Killian" <17razz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 00:38:41 -0500

Hi all,

     The submitter of the book I have been validating for the past
week just emailed me the answers to my questions.

     For those of you who do not know what problems I was having or to
those of you who need a refresher on what my problems were, there were
sections of the book that had characters that looked as though they
might be question marks.  I had emailed the submitter asking her if
the pages and passages I had read in the printed copy matched the ones
found in the scanned copy.  It seems as though the answer was "yes."

     Despite the fact the publisher intended the characters to be in
the text, the submitters assistant changed these characters into
question marks.  Granted, this would make the reading more
pleasurable, but am I allowed to change errors made by the publisher?

Thanks,

Jess

--
Jessica Killian

Bookshare Volunteer Validator and submitter