[bksvol-discuss] Re: The book for the Christian Book Clug, Second Opinion -- IMPORTANT

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 23:46:00 -0800 (PST)

I did download it twice. I am not complaining because I corrected it and
wanted you to know that I did.

Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi all,

Barbara, your complaint is a perfect illustration of how not to
complain. You say pages are missing. However, you don't say which
pages are missing. You don't give any indication as to whether the
book is cut off before the end, whether pages are missing in the
middle, nothing. All that can be done with a complaint like yours is
to sigh, as I have done above, and either do one of two things. If I
were really, really, a good semaritan I would download the book and
read the whole blasted book in order to determine if there were missing
pages. The second thing I would do is just file your msg in the
electronic round file and forget about it.

Now, iffin you are concerned about this here book, and if you want
anybody to take your complaint seriously, then do it right, please.
Cite the pages which are missing, or at least tell us what chapter
you're talking about.

I think I remember asking you if you had downloaded the file twice to
be sure that the problem was not caused by a faulty download? You
didn't respond to my message.

This thread has been going on for a day now, and all you can say is,
"Well maybe you didn't know they were missing because you can't see..."
That, I'm afraid is less than helpful, in fact it borders on insult.
So, again, do it right. If you're going to complain, do so properly,
or retract your complaint and your insulting remark.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network. Visit

Barbara