[bksvol-discuss] Re: The World

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:54:14 -0500

Ner,  go with your heart. . . and with your nuking gun!

G.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
06/14/2004 09:24 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] The World

Hey guys,
Just downloaded The World, submitted by Pamella Borts.  I don't know what
you guys think about these things because I've never gotten a book like
this.  The text, where it is, is relatively readable, but as the comments
say, it has lots and lots, and I might repeat lots, of maps and
charts.  Typcal for a social studies book for sixth graders.  Is it ok for

me to reject this, as if I were reading it with a braille display or
arrowing down, I'd have a hell of a time with it.  And removing all
graphics would take an aeon and a half.  Any ideas?

Ner

Noel Romey
Arkansas, USA
View my insights at my