[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Stripper

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:09:59 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, Monica. I never thought of trying to retain
color; I haven't seen that many books using it--I
suppose it's more expensive--but when I have I just
used bold instead.

BTW, not all chapter titles are bold in books;
sometimes they're in italics or caps or just a larger
font. I've been doing whatever the book does. Should I
be making them bold? Is this a bookshare thing?

Cindy Ro

--- Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cindy, no, I don't mean bold. I mean text color,
> like if the text is red on
> black or blue on white. I don't know what happens on
> the Bookshare end as
> far as processing goes. Fortunately, people who use
> daisy files can usually
> adjust the fonts and colors to suit them. I do know
> that Braille readers
> don't see color information in their files. By
> default, screenreaders don't
> announce colors either, though you can turn on a
> feature to do that. For
> most totally blind readers, you could make the text
> white on white, and we'd
> never know since our screenreaders don't care and
> speak normally. We do have
> some sighted readers who use Bookshare due to a
> physical or learning
> disability. They can see colors and might be more
> aware of what the finished
> Bookshare files look like. As for me, I'm still
> working on keeping the bold
> and italics straight in terms of what they look
> like. It has taken over a
> year for me to really remember that chapter names
> are supposed to be bolded
> and that I should make sure the font on the title
> page is normalized.
>
> Monica Willyard
> "The best way to predict the future is to create
> it." -- Peter Drucker

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/