[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Silmarillion

  • From: "Kaitlyn" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:26:13 -0800

HI Lissi,

It was a pleasure to touch base with you again and discuss Tolkien. I
finished the scan of the Silmarillion  last night and should have it ready
for upload before the weekend is out. I can put hold for Lissi when I upload
it. Since you have Kurzweil on the way would you like the book in KES
format? This will give you the images to look at too. I am up to chapter 4
right now. IN the KES file you will also get all the book marks for chapters
that I am putting in.

Another thought, I will have to see how to do it, but we should be able to
share dictionary entries which will allow us to share any pronunciation
changes we make. I will check with Kurzweil on how to do this. Also, it
would be nice when you are done if I could get a copy back in the original
Kurzweil format.

Let me know any other books I can start working on scanning, since it looks
like the library has most all the Tolkien books.

I didn't think of this when we were talking, yesterday afternoon, but I had
a dream Tuesday night where something was attacking me and I remember
yelling Elbereth at it. Gees;) Also thinking back on the time I read the
Lord of the Rings in 82 having dreams about the ring and especially of the
light of Galadrial, that Frodo had. Interesting stuff:)

Talk soon:)

Katie Hill
"Come to the edge"

"We can't; we will fall"