[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Scarlet Pimpernel was: authors

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:59:49 -0700 (PDT)

Leslie Howard was The Scarlet Pimpernel and it is one of my husband's very
favorite movies. Old as it is, it still wears well (not all old movies do). I
believe there is a more modern version, though I haven't checked but I can't
imagine it compares with the original--just as the more modern version of King
Solomon's Mines (novel by H. Rider Haggard) cannot compare with that starring
Deborah Kerr and one of my favorite actors, Stewart Granger. Perfection and
still wonderful today. My husband's other favorite movie is Treasure of the
Sierra Madre (novel by B. Traven).

Cindy