[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Scarlet Pimpernel was: authors

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:28:41 -0400

Hi all,

Well, shoot, you love Georgette Heyer, and you don't know The Scarlet Pimpernel? Oh, you poor benighted child, as my father used to say. Here, try this one, and it's in the publid domain.

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.htmlsubmittitleid=2099

This URL may be on two lines and you may have to fix that. There was a movie made of it, can't remember who starred in it, but it's a classic. If you like regencies and you like adventure, this is the book for you. And you wonder why my name on some chat rooms is Book-Pusher? Yes, my name is Ann and I'm a book-pusher. Now if I ran the Romance Book Club, this is one I'd highly recommend. I don't usually read romances, but this one's an exception! This is real romance, not classic harlequin. Sorry, not a bodice ripper either, good, clean, exciting and refreshing romance!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring