[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Pearl Diver

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:15:59 -0500

I'm not sure why it would confuse the proofreader or the approver if, as
Shannon said, the blank pages separate parts of the book. I mean, if you see a
blank page, then read something like Part Two, or Chapter X, why would that be
confusing? Of course, if the blank page came in the middle of a sentence, or if
the next page started with perhaps the beginning of a sentence, but no
indication that it was the beginning of a new part or chapter, maybe that might
be confusing. But those pages may not be blank after all, perhaps having a
picture on them. However, in this case, she clearly says that the blank pages
separate parts of the book. So I would figure that there would be an indication
of the beginning of the new section right after the blank page. Any proofreader
who was reading the book, as a proofreader should, would see that.

Still, I don't suppose it's a really big deal in the larger scheme of things,
to put something like "blank page" on the blank pages, to prevent any possible
confusion. Although I personally don't see why it would be necessary if the
blank page really does separate parts of the book and the new part is clearly
indicated.

Evan