[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Next Mrs. Blackthorn needs rescan

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 23:54:11 -0500

Cindy, I think my mom has this book on her bookshelf. She's been trying to interest me in books by this author. If she does, I'll do a BSO and rank spelling. I don't want to read it though because I don't enjoy romances. Do you know if the person wanting the rescan would be willing to validate? I'll set a reminder to remind me to ask her about the book in the morning since she's already gone to bed.

Monica Willyard

Grandma Cindy wrote:
I've been informed by a member reader that The Next
Mrs. Blackthorn, by Joan Johnston, in the collection
needs to be rescanned. I've put it on the Wish List.

As with Rise & Fall, I checked the collection. The
book is rated Excellent, but the short synopsis itself
has two  word errors--"he" for "Her" and "si" for
"is"--and that's in the first of two sentences. The
second sentence I do not understand at all--"There's a
lot of work and sex tied into the same book." I don't
know if this was warning to the validator and was not
changed before uploaded or if it refers to the content
of the book. It's by a Bookshare Volunteer.

This brings to my mind another problem. Clearly a book
like Rise and Fall needs to be in the collection. It's
an important book. But Next Mrs. Blackthorn is a
novel. Supposing no one wants to rescan this book
because, after reading the synopsis, it doesn't
interest anyone. Is there a way of removing the book
from the collection on the grounds that it's in such
poor condition? Or does it just stay there forever?

G.Cindy