[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Missing Periods

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 09:46:40 -0500

Hi Roger!

I'm also an OpenBook user, and I have never seen a problem of periods missing. I'm wondering though if darkening the page would help OB pick up those periods better.

Debby

At 09:02 PM 8/29/2010, Roger Loran Bailey wrote
Here is another follow-up. I now scanned pages six and seven and even though there were a few scannos, all the periods seemed to be present this time. It looks like this may be a hit or miss problem in this book. I hope the miss will become more frequent. I wonder if my tendency to scan extremely old mass market paperbacks causes things like this.

_     _      _

"Those who produce should have, but we know that those who produce the most - that is, those who work hardest, and at the most difficult and most menial tasks, have the least." - Eugene V. Debs

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
 http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
To follow up on my earlier post, I have now scanned pages four and five. Page four turned out okay, but page five was missing it's periods. I didn't try rescanning this time. I just went through it inserting the periods. Thank goodness some of the periods were there this time, but most of them were not. If I have to go through this for the entire book this is going to be a slow and tedious job. Does anyone know of a find and replace that will fix this using Open Book as the editing software? Better yet, does anyone know of a way to prevent it in the first place?

                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>