[bksvol-discuss] The Last Town on Earth

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:52:45 -0800 (PST)

I just finished listening to this book by Thomas
Mullen, called The Last Town on Earth, and it was such
a good book. It's about a small town during WWI that
had not been affected yet by the influenza epidemic
and so they quarantined their town--no one in, no one
out. They even posted guards to ensure this happened.
I can't tell a lot more without giving away good parts
of the book. I checked and Bookshare does not have
this book yet. I don't have a print book; I listened
to the audio version. But it would be a good addition
to the collection.

Jamie in Michigan