[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Em-Dash in print

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:30:36 -0500

Well ahem,
When I was studying braille transcription, they said in the book that
you couldn't always tell so that you should use your best judgment in
the instance of where to put the long dash--the thing we called
"dash." It said that if the book had a short dash, the thing we called
hyphen, then you should put a dash if context called for it, which are
the kind that have brought up much of this discussion in the first
place. Now, I did not uote the manual ver atum, but that's essentially
what was said then. There may be differences now because that was a
while ago.
Cindy Lou