[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Dreaded die, diat, diere, diis ...

  • From: Dilsiaa@xxxxxxx
  • To: BksVol-Discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 06:42:35 EDT

Hi volunteers:

I have some scannos for you I've encountered in Spanish:    fi for the ñ,
vermin for veríamos, for ó you find a 6 example: canci6n instead of canción

Very truly yours
Dilsia A. Martinez Rivera
Villalba PR

From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: The Dreaded die, diat, diere, diis ...
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:15:48 -0500

Hi Tony. There is another more permanent solution to this problem. you can
go into the corrections file for whatever OCR you're using and delete the
entry corn=com. True, someone in one of your books may eat com on the cob at
some point, but in sci-fi novels there's a lot more com than corn.
Kellie

The tragedy is not that things are broken.  The tragedy is that they are not
mended again. -- Alan Patton, Cry the Beloved Country, Scribner Paperback
Fiction

The most difficult part of getting to the top of the ladder is getting
through the crowd at the bottom. -- Arch Ward, Promoter and sports editor

Better twice measured than once wrong. -- Danish Proverb