[bksvol-discuss] The Dreaded die, diat, diere, diis ...

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:36:35 -0400

hey you all, has anyone figured out what causes the th in some books to turn
into a di in some scans.  This is really puzzling.

I am using Kurzweil version 8 and it usually occurs with Fine Reader,
brightness seems to have something to do with it, though, it doesn't seem to
be too important as I get them sometimes at all brightnesses.  And sometimes
they can be terribly, like every the or this, or that.  And other times they
are a very random thing, like one word out of the book.

Thanks for the thoughts on this.

Oh, widi is a popular one too, with.

And how can I fix them, if say it is almost every the, without um, messing
up any other word involving :"the" in it.  Still mastering Find and Replace.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe