[bksvol-discuss] The Devil's Garden rejected

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:58:31 -0400

I rejected The Devil's Garden. want to put a thorough explanation up here in case the submitter is on this list. The text itself was in very good shape. The contents had the text together in a block followed by all the page numbers in a block. That itself was not enough reason for rejection as I could have probably put the table of contents back together except for the next problem. The headings stated in the table of contents never appeared in the text. My suspicion is they were written in some kind of style which the scanning software did not recognize (perhaps white on black which would not be recognized unless settings are set up to do that?) Anyhow, I rejected it for that reason.

If someone scanned it and saved images, you might be able to re-submit it after fixing these things without having to re-scan. It is a short book so if re-scanning is necessary so be it.

E.