[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Cryptonomicon Caper

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 18:50:31 -0500

Hi guys,
I do remember scanning pages 392 and 393, but the CIA made me delete them because they contained international secrets not meant for eyes like mine or scanners like mine to read. Perhaps you all can do better than I in evading the national security force that visited me. Perhaps others had the same problems. Perhaps the trace will reveal much more in times to come. We shall find out not only what is on pages 392 and 393, but much much more I am sure.

Ner
At 02:53 PM 5/9/2004, you wrote:
I went to pick up this book today from my library because it was shown as
available, but discovered that it has mysteriously disappeared...no sign of
a large silver book anywhere to be found...where could it be?  What could it
be doing?  Does it contain a secret formula coveted by many?  What was
really on pages 392 and 393?

My faithful reference librarian, not to be put off by evil subterfuge, has
placed a trace and requested that any available copy, known or otherwise, be
routed immediately to our branch.  She is not a woman to be trifled with!  I
expect it will be there complete with missing pages by at least Tuesday
afternoon.  Stay tuned for late breaking updates.

Petra, the intrepid Seeing Eye dog, willing to risk anything for The Cause!

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com