[bksvol-discuss] The Cryptonomicon Caper

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 15:53:40 -0400

I went to pick up this book today from my library because it was shown as
available, but discovered that it has mysteriously disappeared...no sign of
a large silver book anywhere to be found...where could it be?  What could it
be doing?  Does it contain a secret formula coveted by many?  What was
really on pages 392 and 393?

My faithful reference librarian, not to be put off by evil subterfuge, has
placed a trace and requested that any available copy, known or otherwise, be
routed immediately to our branch.  She is not a woman to be trifled with!  I
expect it will be there complete with missing pages by at least Tuesday
afternoon.  Stay tuned for late breaking updates.

Petra, the intrepid Seeing Eye dog, willing to risk anything for The Cause!