[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Bishop in the West Wing

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:25:42 -0800

Valerie and Gail,

Sorry I missed Valerie's previous email with the same information. I'll admit I've only been glancing at most of the Bishop in the West Wing emails before quickly deleting them. When it first came up, I checked and it isn't in either of my libraries and it didn't seem like a book I'd be very interested in. But, the uote email seemed simple to check, so I did. Apparently, the problem isn't simple at all, though. But, as I said, my libraries don't have it either.

Wait a second, I just tried paperbackswap and they have both the hardcover and paperback. If Gail can wait a week or two for it to show up, I can order it. Which version is it?

Misha

Valerie Maples wrote:
That's what I was telling Gail; the two snippets are not continuous almost like
the Afterword was incorrectly inserted in the wrong place.  Someone might need
a book in hand for this problem.  Jamie or Cindy?  My library does not have it.

Valerie

On Dec 22, 2009, at 11:57 PM, Mike wrote:

Well, this is about as mangled as it could get...google books says

"I'll go with her," I said.

I searched on "negotiated" and that's what it says two lines above

Our Secret Service driver negotiated the streets of Washington

This is on page 290 (the full page of 290 is available, by the way).  However,
And a Cub fan! only occurs on page 311

Snippet of page 311:  the president an Irish Catholic from the South Side of
Chicago (though I am from the West Side and hence more civilized and refined).
And a Cub fan!

And after all that, I really wish more of the snippets were text so I could cut
and paste...

I really do hope this helps, rather than causes more confusion.

Misha

Cindy wrote:
Yes, for me more is needed. It looks lke quote but that doesn't make sensd;
ditto would make more send; could also be note.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: