[bksvol-discuss] The Big Bam RE: Save New York Times bestsellers for June

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:55:29 -0600

I am about to begin a scan of the following new book for Bookshare, I
purchased it from Amazon.  I will likely give it as a gift to a sighted
friend who is also a baseball fan.

If someone on the list is already doing it, or knows that it is, please post
here and I will just wait and read it when it is done.

The Big Bam : The Life and Times of Babe Ruth (Hardcover)
by Leigh Montville

I didn't see it listed on the newest NY Times books.  But one never knows
unless one asks!  <g>

Goofy me.  I am the one who scanned American Theocracy, all 800 something
pages only to have the "already in collection" email come my way!

And then there was last Sunday... It was Paul McCartney's 64th birthday.  I
have had the hardcover in my library since it came out in 1996, but had
never read it.  I had a great notion, to scan and read it.  I got about 220
pages into it. Then thought thought  oh gee, maybe I should look on the
bookshare collection.   Oops!  Now here I am finishing my reading of the
excellent daisy file of the book I downloaded later that afternoon.

"Yours sincerely wasting away...."  <g>
Great book by the way!

Live and Learn.   Or as Paul's song says, Live and Let Die.  But I don't
think he really meant that.  It was just for the James Bond movie.

Thanks all you hard working volunteers.  That Marissa's List thing is
incredible, and I really like the ease of use with the new "look" to it.
Thanks, Jake and everybody.

Rik