[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Beattrice letters

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:34:15 -0800 (PST)

Oh, my. I didn't examine the book very closely. It was
on a request list (what we call a router) so I was
getting it for a patron from another library branch.

When I opened the cover, there seemed to be pockets,
like in a folder, and I thought the letters were in
the pockets--at least that's what it looked like. I
started to pull one out, but it didn't "give" easily
so I stopped.

I've requested the book, so I can help you, perhaps.
I'm not sure what you're feeling on the cover. In the
upper lefthand corner (based oon the picture on
amazon) is something that looks like a caldecott-type
medal, but it says "Suspiciously linked to Book the
Thirteenth. In the center is a silhouette of a pretty
woman's head--undoubtedly Beatrice.

Our library system has a lot "In process," as well as
some that are already being circulated, but there do
seem do be some available.

Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>