[bksvol-discuss] The Barbara Neely Books

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:14:41 -0600

Hi, all.

Tuesday I tried downloading Blanche Passes Go and Blanche Cleans up by this author. Both have been on the step 1 list for a while and are in ARK format.

Both files were over 80MB, so I stopped the download and grabbed something else because I figured the files were corrupted or something..

Today I was surprised when I went to my upload page and saw both novels listed as being checked out to validate. I didn't complete the download on Tuesday; there wasn't even a folder created on my hard drive for either of the books.

I noticed in the history that the original submitter tried validating them and was admonished to not self validate and to check the copyright notice. I have Openbook and wouldn't mind checking out these files, but it's been my experience that if something on step 1 is several MB, the file is messed up somehow.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up since we've discussed validating the ark formatted stuff that has been on step 1 for a while.

Lisa

"I'd be happy to have my biography be the
stories of my dogs. To me, to live without
dogs would mean accepting a form of blindness."
- Thomas McGuane (b.1939) U.S. novelist

Lisa
lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx