[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Apostate's Tale

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:53:21 -0400

Hi all,

Original message:
Hi everyone,

    I'm validating The Apostate's Tale, but a few of the pages are
illegible. If anyone could somehow get me the text of 105, 186-87, and
256-57, I'd really appreciate it. It's a great book -- I spent most of last
night reading it -- and I'd hate to reject it for the sake of five pages.

Thanks for your help,
Jessie

Hi Jessie, again, we come up against a problem. I believe there is a solution, if people could adhere to a simple rule of thumb. Please, please, list both title and author when you make a request like this. If you don't, you force volunteers to do extra work by checking the Books In Process page or the archives of the Scanned books or to go to Amazon and do searches. Please be mindful of others when you post. We don't know your book. I think I may know your book, Margaret Atwood comes to mind, but I'm not sure. So, please, who wrote this Apostate's Tale?

<smiling> Not only do you save us from extra minutes locating your book, but there are, as witnessed by two recent threads on this very list, books with the same or similar titles written by different authors. If we don't know who wrote *your* book, we may mistake it for someone else's work.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring