[bksvol-discuss] Thanks for your suggestions

  • From: "Jesse Fahnestock" <Jesse.F@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:57:52 -0700

I think the attitude is right. Rui, I'm definitely with you when you say that
20,000 books in excellent condition are more valuable than 25,000 in lesser
condition. However I really do still feel that, if we take 3 months to get a
book online, we are sacrificing one of our greatest advantages.

We've received countless messages thanking us for posting The Order of the
Phoenix or My Life on the day they were available. I think that customer
experience -- the 'wow, is that available already?!' -- is one of the things
that helps sell Bookshare.org, too. And I'm worried that we might be
sacrificing it a bit.

I don't disagree that all books should be checked. But surely many books really
are in excellent condition -- or have problems only in headers and footers or
where there had been charts. If these books can be identified rather quickly,
would everyone agree they should be approved as is?

Regarding rejecting fair quality books, I wouldn't like to impose such a
policy. Let's treat each book as an individual case still.