[bksvol-discuss] Thanks Donna & Time Traveller's Wife

  • From: Cindy R <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Donna. There's no hurry, because I'm reading
one now and have Until You to scan and re-validate  --
just whenever you can get to them is fine. I admit
that I've scoffed at and scorned and eschewed rmance
novels until now, but I'm hooked on Small's books,
partly because they'e better written than many but
also because, in addition to the stories, the historic
detail is so detailed and accurate, both as to
historic personages and such things as the customs,
costumes, food, etc. I just found out, by checking the
encyclopedia for Palmyra because I wanted to lcoate it
better in my mind, that the main characters and events
in this particular book, Beloved, ar historical
characters and the events -- battles, deaths etc.--did
occur -- though obviously the details of the love
relationships probably are made up. Anyway,I thank
you.

Dilsia, I think Noel is already scanning the Time
Traveller's Wife. Better not do much on it until you
hear from him.