[bksvol-discuss] Thanks

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:13:59 -0700

Boy, yesterday I got a surprise - an email notifying me that 3 of the 7
books I had just submitted on Friday were accepted into the collection.  A
record for me for sure, and thanks to those of you among our group who
validated them.

I'm curious, was there anything about them in terms of the shape they
arrived in that could have been improved upon for validating?  These were
among the books I've just scanned as I learn to use the k-1000 program.  I
have finished another, but have not submitted it, and before I do, you can
feel free to let me hear of suggestions.

***Wildlife  by Richard Ford
***Braided Creek  by Jim Harrison, Ted Kooser
***Off to the Side: A Memoir  by Jim Harrison

I think there is only 1 book yet to be downloaded for validation from the
Step 1 page - The Real West Marginal Way by Richard Hugo.  This book may be
of interest to anyone who is are loves writing.  And also about Seattle, and
Montana, and to me at least, baseball, as Richard tells of his days on the
field.  He is still revered among the writing community here, and I have
friends who were students of his, though I never was there (Missoula) when
he was.

Thanks.
Rik

I'll keep trying, so you may as well, too! (smile)