[bksvol-discuss] Re: Text files...

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:54:44 -0500

Hi Nancy,

Text files do not retain font attributes, like size, style, bold, itallic,
underlining, etc.

Also, many programs do not allow page breaks in text files.

All of these items when included with a submission make the final product turn
out better. The BookShare tools work better when they have this type of
information as well.

I'm sure the quality of DAISY and BRF books produced from text files is worse
than that which comes from an RTF produced DAISY/BRF book.

So, while text files are really easy to read, they don't provide the structural
markup to make good BookShare files.

Jake