[bksvol-discuss] Re: Technical Question - It got worse!

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:01:03 -0700

Hi all,

I'll reply to you all individually in this message... not one at a time
cause that will clutter up the list.

The strange thing is that I have the same problem on two different
computers.  My laptop and my desktop.  Both are Dells, both use Cox as the
ISP, both are running IE 6 and JAWS 7.0.  I get the dialogue about opening a
site on the trusted sites list on both, and only on my desktop do  I get the
second dialogue about moving to an unsecured site.

Sue: I'd try your suggestion with the Cookies, but I'm not sure where to
look for that setting.  Can you give more specifics?

Robert: LOL, You didn't have a half bad idea about using FireFox instead. I tried it on my laptop and, what do ya know? No mystery dialogue boxes. That was nice. Only I have numerous other reasons I don't like FireFox, but this could be a temporary option until I get IE worked out.

Scott:  Your article looks promising but it warned me that if I don't know
how to change the registry I could damage my computer.  That doesn't sound
appealing... if someone will talk me through that it may be a possibility.

Jackie: Girl you have been so helpful... I know you've tried everything.  I
give you props for at least being the most patient and determined person.

Thanks all,

Allison