[bksvol-discuss] Tales of a Drama Queen submitted

  • From: Jamie Yates <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 20:41:58 -0400

Just submitted, Tales of a Drama Queen:

Back cover:

The only thing Elle Medina has ever been a strong candidate for is a
department store credit card . . .

APPLICATION FOR TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT

Name: Elle Medina

Marital Status: I'm separated from my fiance, Louis Ferris.

Occupation: He was a highly paid attorney.

Employment History: You mean mine? Technically I haven't exactly worked
before. But I'm motivated and I work well with others. Most others. Usually.

Career Goals: I thought I was happy with Louis, but now  I'm not sure. Ever
since he dumped me for some floozy from Iowa, I've been thinking I should
find out what I'm good at and pursue it in a formal job-type way.

Salary Requirements: I need my own apartment (currently staying on friend's
sofa) and a car. And I've always wanted a dog. Oh, and I definitely need a
shopping trip.

Elle Medina must be qualified for something other than shopping and causing
trouble, but when she moves to Santa Barbara after the

disastrous end of her engagement, just what she's suited for isn't clear.
Bartender? Private eye? Phone psychic? It seems like everything she

tries ends in humiliation or legal action--or both. Her best friend is
getting sick of her, her new boyfriend's a con artist and her creditors are
on her trail. So why is this the happiest Elle's been in years?

In her debut novel, Lee Nichols will take you on a wild ride as she spins
her tales of a drama queen extraordinaire who manages to charm everybody in
her path, even as she's spilling her drink on them.

Lee Nichols grew up in Santa Barbara, California. She currently lives in
Maine, where she's working on her first husband and second novel.

ISBN 0-373-25063-0

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Cold Truth by Mariah Stewart