[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tabs question

  • From: Nadia Cioffi <cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:31:21 -0400

Dear Mayrie and Sue,
You seem to be two of most active people on this list and very
detailed. I thank you for that <smile>. Maybe you could help me it's
first time proof reading a book and how would upload the edited copy?
Also, is just me or does the OCR programs put and in caps a lot. My
crammer check is going a lot which does not seem right for book, do
you think it's a mix or OCR mistakes? I'm not sure because I don't
have copy in front of me is what you normally do or do just fix it so
it sounds right. Thanks again to ALL our volunteers. One requested, if
your using gmail, can u set a different color and size. Also it would
be great if you did large in black, I can't really read bright things.
I've been having to copy everything to word to change font size and
color. Thank you if your willing to do this, if not I understand.
Thanks again,
Nadia

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> HI Sue,
>
> You could place your cursor on the first tab or white space that you'd like
> to remove, press shift plus right arrow to highlight it, open the find and
> replace dialogue by pressing control plus h and that highlighted tab will
> appear in the find box.  In the replace box, type a space.  Then hit enter on
> "replace all".  If that doesn't work, you could try this.
>
> I think the thing to type into the find box to get rid of tabs and replace
> them with spaces is ^t, that's caret followed immediately by the letter t.
> In the replace box type a space.  Then hit enter on replace all.  I'm not
> sure I have remembered the write notation for a tab though.  I should know
> this! I checked, that's the write character string to type in.  My memory
> isn't slipping as badly as I thought it was, whew!
>
> Maybe one of those things will work.  I hope so!  Extra spaces do make
> proofreading a little frustrating, don't they?
>
> Good luck!  Let us know what happens.
>
> Mayrie

Nadia
E-mail: cioffi.nadia@xxxxxxxxx