[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tabs question

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:12:49 -0500

Sue,If you would really like to proof the book, one of us could check it out, and fix these formatting issues, then, we could upload it and have Carrie put a hold on it for you. You could then finish it without all these messy formatting issues. Also, if you'd rather just release it, it would be great if you could mention the title here, so someone who isn't willing to tackle the formatting issues won't grab it.

Melissa Smith
On 7/1/2011 11:59 AM, Sue Stevens wrote:
Hi Mayrie and Melissa,
Well, the ^w and replace with a space made things worse. It made several spaces after every word. I undid that okay.

About the font, the submitter had it all in 12 point normal so I didn't have to do any standardizing. Of course I am bolding and enlarging the appropriate headings. But I've just about had it with thisi book. I think I will release it, and if anyone wants it, be my guest! (smile) I bet you are right, Mayrie, and I am unwilling to do that long involved fix. It is just too tricky. In my opinion, the submitter should get rid of that stuff. I have proofed about 85 pages, and I've had it. True, the tool is supposed to take care ofthis, but I just don't feel right putting up a messy proof!!!!

Thanks for listening to me, ladies!!! Thanks for your great ideas. We can always get help here.

Have a Glorious Fourth!!!

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Mayrie ReNae
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 10:42 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Tabs question

Hi Melissa,

What a great idea!  Much more hopeful a solution than mine!  Thanks!

Mayrie