[bksvol-discuss] Re: TXT and RTF

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:42:23 -0500

Tracy,  you have just hit on a little programming limitation of the
Bookshare site.  I second your suggestion to allow for a book originally
submitted as TXT to be approved as RTF.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
05/14/2004 10:58 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] TXT and RTF

What I don't understand is why a TXT file mustn't be converted to RTF.
What
is the logic?
If the validator does nothing with page breaks, and converts TXT to RTF,
no
harm is done that I can see.  But if the validator, like me, is willing
and
eager to put in missing formatting like page breaks, why not let us?
Tracy