[bksvol-discuss] Re: TTS to learn speech WAS: Re: dictionaries?

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:14:17 -0700

she won't tell me, unfortunately, but she gets a kick out o9f it since
she doesn't read braille because she has arthritis.

On 7/12/11, Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>However I do know someone who learned how to pronounce from TTS.
>
> Chela, really?  How did it work?
>
>> TTS is how Sheina has expanded her vocabulary and if a word sounds really
>> odd to her, she will come get me and ask if it is right.
>
> Valerie, that is super. Yeah, what I meant was someone who had no one
> else to ask about it, to check it with.
>
> Because, for instance, my TTS pronounces forgiveness as
> "for-jive-ness" and righteousness as 4 syllables, "rye-tea-us-ness".
>
> Charisma

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/Twitter/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx