[bksvol-discuss] Re: TO: Re: I must be nuts! HELP!!!!

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:16:49 -0500

Nichole became friends with a librarian in Ohio after I bought some
cross-stitch from her off eBay, of all places.  Barb was very high up (maybe
even ran?) the Ohio liaison for NLS and wrote several books on Assistive
Technology for the library.  One year Barb was on the selection committee for
the Schneider Family award winners and sent Nichole the books she thought she
would enjoy.  When we learned this year's convention was in New Orleans, Barb
arranged exhibit Hal and general session passes for us both as well as the
Schneider Family Award luncheon.

It was amazing!

Valerie