[bksvol-discuss] Synopses Update

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:59:18 -0700

Hi everyone,

I'm still working away at writing synopses for the publisher quality books.
As of today I believe I have over 75 books completed though I haven't
counted them.  I know that if one goes to the Bookshare Import link on the
info page of any publisher quality book, you can see a list of all the
publisher books in the collection.  I'll explain that in more detail further
down.  If one has their view set to see 50 books at a time, the first page
of pq books you encounter will all have synopses.  Yay!  The second page is
about half done, but the completed books are not necessarily in order.
There are some other random books I've done synopses for here and there, but
I've tried to work my way through the list from beginning to end for the
most part. I know this likely seems like it's taking forever, but remember that
I haven't personally read any of these books and have to rely on
individually researching each title. A few of the donated textbooks have proved most difficult to track down. Some volunteers have been very helpful
by writing synopses and sharing them with me.  Thanks to Robert T, Sue S,
Grace, Bob, G Cindy, Ann, another Cindy, and Mayrie for your
synopses-writing  help.  I
don't think I missed anyone, but if so then I'm very sorry and you can reply
and share news of your contribution.  *smile*.  There are hundreds of these
books so I can always use synopses-writing help.  If you'd like to write a
synopsis you can E-mail me at allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll put it up on
the site.

If you want to look at the pq books only, I'd suggest doing a search for a
book you already know is publisher quality.  If you don't know of one, use
Cards on the Table or absolute Zero.  Those are two pq books I thought up
randomly, they aren't anything special.  Then click on the title of the book
that you get as a result. Then within that page, there will be a link that
says "Bookshare Import."  Click on that and then you will be able to see all
the pq books. As I mentioned before, the entire first page of 50 is done and much of the second.
I tried hard to write accurate synopses, but if you see a synopses that you
think is not quite correct, then you can E-mail me at allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have a great weekend, and I hope you enjoy the pq books!

Best,
Allison Hilliker
Bookshare.org Intern: operations and marketing outreach.
E-mail allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bookshare.org

The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity - A Nonprofit
Organization