[bksvol-discuss] Re: Synopses

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:39:43 -0400

If that is correct then please Lisa, change that short synopsis.

I believe you are correct, Judy!

            *From:* FreeLists Mailing List Manager
            <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:23:12 -0400
            From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
            <mailto:rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>>
            Subject: [bksvol-discuss] About to submit a fantasy.

            I know that there are at least a couple of big time
            fantasy fans on this
            list, so I am going to give one of you a crack at this. I
            will soon be
            submitting The Thief of Kalimar by Graham Diamond. I don't
            think that
            you will find very many scanning errors, but I am going to
            leave the
            formatting up to you. I may leave the synopsis up to you
            too. The back
            cover did not scan and I do not find a synopsis on Good
            Reads, so I will
            either have to write the synopsis myself or leave it to
            the proofer and,
            as for me, I have been working on this so long that I will
            be glad to
            finish and I don't know if I want to compose a synopsis
            too. I suppose
            it remains to be seen if one will be filled in when I
            upload it. Anyway,
            here is basically what it is about. There is a thief who
            lives on the
            streets of a walled city in what amounts to a ghetto and
            he is barely
            scraping by with his lover who is a dancing girl. A
            stranger passes
            through town and the couple find themselves becoming
            traveling
            companions with him. Many dangers are faced in this
            fantasy land and the
            book culminates in the defeat of an evil empire. Pretty
            standard fantasy
            fare, eh? Oh yes, prepare yourself for magic too. More
            standard fantasy
            fare, eh? I will let the first person who asks for it have
            it. I will
            probably be uploading it tomorrow and if no one has
            requested it by then
            I will throw it up for grabs.

            ------------------------------

            From: Lisa Gorden-Cushman <crysania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:crysania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
            Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: About to submit a fantasy.
            Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:33:58 -0700

            Hi Roger, if no one has claimed it yet I would be very
            interested in proofing it. Let me know what you think
            thanks, Lisa

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 22, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Roger Loran Bailey
            <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <mailto:rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

            > I know that there are at least a couple of big time
            fantasy fans on this list, so I am going to give one of
            you a crack at this. I will soon be submitting The Thief
            of Kalimar by Graham Diamond. I don't think that you will
            find very many scanning errors, but I am going to leave
            the formatting up to you. I may leave the synopsis up to
            you too. The back cover did not scan and I do not find a
            synopsis on Good Reads, so I will either have to write the
            synopsis myself or leave it to the proofer and, as for me,
            I have been working on this so long that I will be glad to
            finish and I don't know if I want to compose a synopsis
            too. I suppose it remains to be seen if one will be filled
            in when I upload it. Anyway, here is basically what it is
            about. There is a thief who lives on the streets of a
            walled city in what amounts to a ghetto and he is barely
            scraping by with his lover who is a dancing girl. A
            stranger passes through town and the couple find
            themselves becoming traveling com
            panions with him. Many dangers are faced in this fantasy
            land and the book culminates in the defeat of an evil
            empire. Pretty standard fantasy fare, eh? Oh yes, prepare
            yourself for magic too. More standard fantasy fare, eh? I
            will let the first person who asks for it have it. I will
            probably be uploading it tomorrow and if no one has
            requested it by then I will throw it up for grabs.
            <mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            line.  To get a list of available commands, put the word
            'help' by itself in the subject line.

            End of bksvol-discuss Digest V9 #276